Access downloadable eBooks or Audiobooks on your desktop or laptop, supported tablets, smartphones, and e-readers.
Magazines are now available in eLibraryNJ (also accessible from Libby App starting January 2022)
Here are instructions for accessing magazines:
- When you sign in to eLibraryNJ, please select Trenton Free Public Library from the list of Libraries.
- The magazines will appear towards the top of the page
- Patrons will have unlimited checkouts of magazines through Libby. Over 3,000 titles are available
- Checking out magazines on your account will not affect your count total of ebook and audiobook checkouts
- The borrowing period of magazines will be 7, 14, or 21 days (you get to choose)
- You will also have the option to renew a magazine within three days of the end of the borrowing period. Please remember you can borrow any magazine at any time without waiting.
Libby (eLibraryNJ App)
Libby’s minimum iOS version is now iOS 10. To use Libby on an iOS device, users are required to update their device’s operating system to iOS 10 or newer. These are the steps to help iOS users update their operating system version.
The legacy OverDrive for Mac desktop app is only supported on macOS versions 10.12.1 through 10.14. Users on legacy web browsers may experience issues loading libbyapp.com or your OverDrive website and should upgrade to a newer browser version, if possible.
Get the App
Hoopla is a digital content provider of music, eBooks, audio-books, movies, comics, and television, with currently more than 950,000 titles available across those formats.
- Set up an account with an email and password on the hoopla website or on the app. Library card number is required.
- After the account is set up, login with email and password.
- Available on computer and mobile devices; sync across devices.
- Search for titles and checkout/borrow right in hoopladigital.com or the hoopla app. Hoopla titles are not listed in the library’s online catalog.
- Check out a maximum of 4 items per month.
- Borrowing periods: videos for 2-3 days; ebooks, comics, and audiobooks for 21 days; music albums for 7 days.
- Titles always available, no waiting, no holds.
- No overdue fees; items will auto-return at due date.
- No need to renew, just borrow again.
- Please be aware that the Trenton Free Public Library has a daily lending limit for the Hoopla service. If you receive an error after selecting an item, please try again after midnight.
- Get Help
EBSCO’s LearningExpress is an easy-to-use online test prep resource that helps people improve their core academic skills, earn a high school equivalency, prepare for college, join the military, obtain occupational certification, find a job, change careers, become a U.S. citizen and much more.
Here are instructions for accessing EBSCO’s LearningExpress:
- When you click on the button below you will be brought to the main page for the Learning Express Library, containing a search bar to search for specific tests. tutorials, ebooks and more!
- Below the search are two large buttons, one titled Job and Career Accelerator and the other, Computer Skills Center.
- Clicking on either of these two options will display all of the various services and resources that they offer.
- Clicking on a specific service or resource offered under one of the two main buttons will bring you to their page where you can make your selection, after which you will be asked to login or register for the Learning Express Library using your email address.
Why do I have to register?
Users can access a variety of educational resources from our interactive, online learning platforms. Users must create personal accounts in order to save their work in progress, store score reports, and revisit any practice tests, tutorials, or eBooks. Registration only requires a valid email address and a password.
Why do I have to provide my email address?
Your email address will become your username and will be used for password reset, if needed. It’s easy to set up an email account, and once you’re done you can use it for your communication needs and on other websites as well!
If you do not have an email account, there are several great—and completely free—options available for creating an email account. Gmail™, Yahoo™, and Outlook.com by Microsoft® are three that are very popular.
World Book Online
World Book Online is a suite of online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, educational games, pictures, audio, and video, complemented by current periodicals and related Web sites.
Online language courses that are Simple, Powerful and Effective. Devised using the strategies polyglots use, our award-winning courses are the most comprehensive available. Take an obligation free trial today and you will be amazed at how much you will learn.