- This event has passed.
NJ Business Registration Workshop
September 22, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
NJSBDC at Rutgers – Newark
Topic: Start-up Assistance
The NJSBDC at Rutgers-Newark can help! This is a hands-on workshop held in a computer lab. Our Business Counselor will guide you through the process of registering your business online with state of New Jersey and obtaining a Federal Employer Identification Number with the IRS.
In order to attend you must meet the following requirements:
*You have decided on your legal structure of business:
* Have the Name for your business: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/revenue/checkbusiness.shtml
* Have an Alternate business name in case the first is not available
* Have all contact and personal information including social security number, date of birth, addresses and phone numbers of ALL members that would be registered with the business.
* Know about your Licensing & Permits (if required): http://www.nj.gov/njbusiness/licenses/
* Must have a credit or debit card to pay the $125 State of NJ filling fee: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/revenue/gettingregistered.shtml
* Have access to an email to have your Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN) letter and registration documents sent to.
To ensure a fast and smooth registration process, please select your NAICS code (North American Industry Classification System) before attending this workshop by visiting the following website: http://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/. To begin, simply enter 1 or 2 keywords that accurately describes your business. You will be able to browse and drill down into subcategories to find a code that closely matches the purpose of your business. Please make a note of this code as it will be needed during registration.
The same should be done for the New Jersey Business Codes. Please use the following link to locate the NJ Business code that closely describes your business. Please make a note of it for use during registration.
Speaker(s): Dr. Tendai Ndoro