The Trenton Free Public Library now loans free WIFI hotspots to patrons to increase their access to the internet and the library’s many digital resources. With a hotspot you can connect up to 15 compatible WIFI enabled devices with unlimited 4G LTE data for the duration of the loan period.
The Trenton Free Public Library is not responsible for any information a patron accesses using a WIFI hotspot or any actions they take while online. Using the hotspot to access any online content determined to be illegal or obscene according to federal, state or municipal law will result in the revocation of hotspot borrowing privileges and potentially criminal prosecution.
- Trenton Free Public Library card holders ages 18 or older.
- Patrons must have had a library card for a minimum of 90 days.
- Patrons in good standing: have no lost items on library card previously and $0.00 in current fines
Terms and Conditions:
Check out and Return Policy
- Hotspot checkout is limited to one per household.
- The lending and Internet access period is 7 days, with 1 renewal if no one has the item on hold.
- Hotspots are available on first come, first -served basis. The Library reserves the right to refuse service to patrons who abuse equipment or who have a history of returning items late.
- Hotspots can be placed on reserve and must be picked up within 3 days of notification of availability or the item will go to the next patron in the queue.
- WIFI hotspots must be checked out and returned to the Reference Service Desk and not placed in the library’s bookdrop. A charge of $10.00 will be incurred if returned to the bookdrop.
Overdue and Lost Policy
- Overdue Hotspots incur a charge of $5.00 per day for each day overdue. A maximum overdue charge of $25.00 per Hotspot will be charged.
- Hotspot chargers not returned with the hotspot will incur a $25.00 replacement charge.
- The patron is responsible for damage, loss, or theft. If any problems are encountered, patrons should return the device immediately to the Reference Services desk.
- Hotspots that are lost, stolen, damaged will incur a charge of $50.00 plus any additional overdue charges incurred.