The Trenton Free Public Library is looking for dedicated, motivated, detail-oriented individuals with solid computer skills to provide EXCELLENT customer service to our Library Patrons.
This is a part time, 19 hours or less per week position, that may include evenings and weekend hours.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating Library Cards
- Checking material out to Patrons
- Reviewing a Patron's status to use the Library Services
- Working with the Circulation Team to provide service that is based 100% on Policy
- Assisting Patrons in finding material or using library services.
- Sorting and shelving material
- Checking-in material from the book drop
- Processing the Hold Lists and searching the Missing Items list
- Keeping the shelves and library tidy (shelf reading; straightening; clearing loose books)
- Checking books which may need mending
- Performing other tasks as specified by the supervisor.
The salary is $8.80/hr and is part-time and therefore unbenefitted with a 90-day working test period.